Delicious Recipes for Cooking with Coconut Oil – The Benefits of Cooking with this Superfood
Coconut oil is a superfood that is gaining popularity for its health benefits. It is a great alternative to processed vegetable oils and can be used in a variety of recipes. In this article, we will explore the benefits of cooking with coconut oil, as well as some delicious recipes you can make with it.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Cooking with Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a great alternative to processed vegetable oils. It is full of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals that can help improve your health. Here are some of the benefits of cooking with coconut oil:
- High in Healthy Fats: Coconut oil is high in healthy fats, such as lauric acid and medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). These fats can help improve your cholesterol levels, reduce inflammation, and boost your metabolism.
- Antioxidant Properties: Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants, which can help protect your cells from damage and reduce inflammation.
- High Smoke Point: Coconut oil has a high smoke point, which means it can withstand high temperatures without breaking down and releasing harmful toxins into your food.
- Versatile: Coconut oil can be used in a variety of recipes, from baked goods to stir-fries and more.
These are just a few of the benefits of cooking with coconut oil. If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to processed vegetable oils, coconut oil is a great choice.
Delicious Recipes for Cooking with Coconut Oil
Now that you know the benefits of cooking with coconut oil, let’s explore some delicious recipes you can make with it. Here are a few of our favorites:
Coconut Oil Fried Rice
This coconut oil fried rice is a delicious and easy way to get your daily dose of healthy fats. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover rice you have in the fridge.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and carrots and cook until they’re heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and stir to combine.
- Add the soy sauce and sesame oil and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve hot.
Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
These coconut oil chocolate chip cookies are a healthier twist on a classic. They’re soft, chewy, and full of delicious chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookie dough by the tablespoonful onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Coconut Oil Roasted Vegetables
This coconut oil roasted vegetables recipe is a great way to get your daily dose of veggies. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover vegetables you have in the fridge.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, bell peppers, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.